Time to Act!
The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released guidance for covered financial institutions regarding its cybersecurity rule (the “Cybersecurity Rule” or “Rule”) that took into effect on March 1, 2017.
And although the current law only affects covered Financial Institutions in the state of New York, other state and organizations will be required to adopt to similar requirements.
How Singular Security can help
Given covered financial institutions are now required to establish compliance with the first of the Cybersecurity Rule’s requirements – Singular Security can provide the answers as to where to start:
- We can assess the current state of your company’s information security programs and identify modifications required based on the specific policies and controls.
- We will help with important processes that may need to be created in order to meet the reporting, recordkeeping and certification requirements.
- We will help important administrative and project related requirements such as acting as your part-time Chief Information Security Officer that fits into your budget and schedule
- Finally, we will help with the technical control requirements:
- Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Encryption of Nonpublic Information
- Automated work-flow engine to capture Audit Trails and Remediation
Contact Singular Security Inc. at 1-888-669-1618 and ask for Cybersecurity Expert Help. You can also email your request for more information to email@example.com and enter Cybersecurity Help in the subject field.