Reduce Breach and Compliance Risk with Privileged-Access Management (PAM)
There is an epidemic of risk sweeping the nation, quietly threatening the security and compliance of organizations of every size and type: the abuse and unauthorized access of high-privilege network accounts and credentials. We say ‘quietly’ because the problem, though pervasive, is largely going unnoticed.
Risk, Vulnerability and Loss of Control
In a secure environment, high-privilege accounts are reserved exclusively for network administrators and other leaders to manage access and oversight of sensitive information and resources necessary for everyday operations.
Lately, however, organizations have lost control over which individuals are allowed to use these powerful accounts. In many cases, credentials meant for one responsible party are being shared among multiple users, thus eliminating management’s ability to monitor account usage and hold individual users accountable for their account access and activity.
As a result, organizations are left vulnerable, exposed to serious compliance violations, privacy breaches, data theft and fraud. Reducing this exposure and creating a stronger, more closed security and compliance posture must include a strategic monitoring and management solution.
Automated Privileged-Access Management
Singular Security’s automated Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution provides the control, auditing and compliance required for securing and managing administrative accounts, as well as other risky account types, such as shared accounts and temporary accounts.
Through flexible, powerful features, Singular Security’s PAM solution provides a simple, cost-effective capability for improving security and automating privileged compliance:
- Provides accountability, control and usage-tracking back to specific users and privileges across multiple shared accounts.
- Discourages casual use of privileged accounts for routine tasks by recording activity and making access subject to the approval and review of managers.
- Accelerates and simplifies audits by storing data that can be easily incorporated into compliance reports.
- Eliminates the need to hardcode administrative IDs and passwords within scripts and programs.
- Automatically documents the compliance process by detailing who can perform administrative tasks and when, as well as who approved their access and the rationale and approval history for each account.
Benefits: Why You Need Privileged Access Management Right Now
- Control. PAM provides the oversight needed to help prevent the risk of compliance violations, privacy breaches and fraud associated with shared accounts.
- Compliance. Helps ensure regulatory compliance through preventive, detective and corrective controls, as well as auditing of those controls and all access privileges.
- Productivity. Improves productivity and the user experience by automating the management of access to privileged and shared accounts.
- Accountability. Establishes accountability by enforcing consistent policies for acquiring access to accounts.
- Visibility. Eliminates the risk of anonymous logins to privileged and shared accounts, regardless whether the systems and applications are on-premise, hosted or SaaS.
- Flexibility. Enables access to highly privileged accounts only when needed.
- Responsiveness. Provides agility to quickly accommodate changed business processes.
For more information or a no-obligation phone consultation, email or call one of our security specialists today at 888.669.1618.